Monday, March 14, 2011

Mmmmm...Applesauce Pork Chops!!

So, we are starting a new Gluten Free adventure at our house for Ella.  We are hoping its going to help with her stomach issues.  I desperately need to grocery shop so I needed to find something to make that would be Gluten free for her from what I had on hand.  The first thing that came to mind was Applesauce Pork Chops. They were super fast and easy and turned out very yummy!  The girls both loved them (and Emma doesnt even like applesauce)!  Here is the recipe and directions:

Ingredients:
2T. Olive oil
4 Boneless Pork Chops (we only made 3)
12 ounces of Applesauce
 cinnamon

Directions:
1.  Heat olive oil in skillet, add pork chops and brown on each side.
2.  Remove chops and drain oil.
3.  Place half the applesauce in bottom of skillet.
4.  Place chops on top of applesauce.
5.  Top chops with remaining applesauce.
6.  Cover and simmer for about 30 minutes, depending on thickness of chops.
7.  Sprinkle lightly with cinnamon.

Thats it!  Done!  I know, so simple!  I served it with rice, corn and the hot applesauce for sides. Delicious!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds great! I'm your newest follower from the hop =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound quick and yummy. I am going to put them on the menu next week! I host a Wedensday recipe linky at my blog, Homegrown Learners. I'd love for you to join us tomorrow!

    http://www.homegrownlearners.com/p/recipes.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love making homemade applesauce to go alongside my pork chops. Oh, I know what's on the dinner menu for next week, thanks!

    Our first prompt is published over at the Bloggy Moms Writer's Workshop. I hope you can participate!

    ReplyDelete